Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Narrative Stories inspired by things from the past

We used ideas for narrative stories that were inspired by either objects or places from history. We used our imagination and worked on creating sizzling starters for the beginning of our stories. We did not want to just write 'Long ago'  We planned our ideas after we had pictured the whole story in our heads. Then we wrote a draft on the Ipad or computer. We finally proof read and conferenced the stories. We hope you enjoy reading them

Below are some of our stories

The Golden Mystery


"Donk" my shovel hit something.
"I found something I did!"
" What is it?" Maya said looking at me.
I lifted it up in my shovel and since it was so hard getting it out when I finally got it out it went flying into Maya's head and she fell into the hole she dug. We were digging in an old persons back yard that left a long time ago."Ouch" Maya said.
"I didn't see that coming" I said walking to where  Maya fell, I ducked and picked up the item I dug out.
"Oh it's just a chest," I said brushing off the dust on it.
"Maybe it's chocolate I love chocolate let me open it" Maya said jumping out of the hole and grabbing it from my hands.
"No let me open it" I said while looking at Maya.
"Okay here you go..... But if it's chocolate give it to me" Maya said with a creepy face and placing it on my hands.
"Fine fine" I said backing off.
Then I opened it Maya tried to look over my hands. It was a silver small key. Maya grabbed it and put it in her mouth and said trying to chew it "chocolate maybe"
"No it's a key" I said walking to the hole I dug.
In it was a key hole!
"Maybe the key fits in there" I said ducking in my hole and putting the key in the keyhole.
Is round door on the ground opened it was like a hole that never ended but it had a chain to go down it. I looked at Maya and said " well let's go"
"Are you crazy it's dark in there and I don't go in scary places" Maya said turning around.
"I've got chocolate..." I Said.
Maya turned and said " what kind"
I looked at her " oh fine I'll go" she said with a grumpy face.
We slided down on the chain.
"P.u its slimy" Maya said trying to ignore it.
When I got to the bottom of the chain it all turned gold.
"Wow" I said looking around.
When Maya came down she bumped into a golden door and fell " good job you found something but we have to open it." I said looking at Maya, Maya looked at me " are you thinking what I'm thinking" we both said at the same time.
We grabbed each other and ran to the door.
"Ouch" we both said.
We stood up The door slowly opened.

By: Estela

Me and my gardener were digging in the little garden at the front of the house. We were digging with shovels when we touched something hard because we pick it up it was a old white pot and it was buried.It had a Khmer pattern and it was made from clay, I think it was used for cooking and we dug because my gardener cleaned it all up and we gave it to the museum for look at because my family don't want it because it is too old to use.

Keith

Once I was at construction site.
Then I spotted a cup in the lake.  
I got the cup of the water, I found the piece of paper on the ground and it said “the golden toys centre” than I found a magic lamp, I rubbed it and a genie appeared.
I wished to go to the golden toys centre.
When I got to the Golden toys centre I gave them  their cup back.

Isaac


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to write on our blog, but please remember it is for children.