Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Minecraft Reflection

My Minecraft Reflection

Before I started Making Angkor Wat in Minecraft I thought it would be easy because I tried making it with modeling clay and it was pretty easy and I did the modeling clay with a group. I thought that we just had to make three towers, one wall, some trees and a little bit of water around it, but when  I tried we had to make three walls, four towers, a lot of water all around it and a big forest around it and I realized that  it would take three weeks when I thought it would take us one week.

Also we had A big group, My group was the tower group we made the four towers and when I did the modeling clay I only had four people in my group but in Minecraft I had 7 people Me, Lyka, Panhaboth, Shaqui, Otis, Tommy and Sak. For me the collaboration was pretty hard because some people didn’t talk and broke the things I made, so after that I went and helped with the moat and then came back, Collaboration didn’t because everybody didn’t talk and when the did something they didn’t want they shouted. But it was easier working in a group because many  people could do different jobs and we would go faster.

We mostly used cobblestone and mossy stone and to give it texture we put vines, torches and cracked blocks. We used those because some of us had been there and we thought it would look like the real material that they used in Angkor Wat, we also wanted it to look old also because when you go to Angkor Wat it looks all burnt down. We also put rocks everywhere so it looked like there was a temple there that was broken.

Something that was successful was the moat because it had lilies and when I went to Angkor Wat I saw lilies everywhere, also the trees because there is a lot of tall viney trees and because it was all around the temple it looked like a forest and thats what it was supposed to be like, we made the trees grow fast by putting bone meal on them. Also the middle tower looked great with the vines, moss and glowstone.

Some things that were not successful were the other towers because were made three towers in a line but then we had to destroy them and make four on the corners, also the temple in the back it looked like a block but then they made a tree in the middle and it looked like a more interesting shape then.

Next time I would work more  on how to make it brighter in the night time and fill in the moat in more, I also would work on working together because if we did we would finish faster.

Estela

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to write on our blog, but please remember it is for children.